Why have a management survey?
The purpose of a management survey is to locate the presence and extent of any suspected asbestos containing materials in the building which could be damaged or disturbed during normal occupancy.
SPE Surveyings Management reports will help to asses and manage foreseeable maintenance and installation. The report will concentrate on the condition of the asbestos materials, and, in which they may produce air born fibres.
- Any building built before 2000 may potentially contain Asbestos containing materials.
- Asbestos Management Survey will locate as far as reasonably practicable the extent and condition of Asbestos Containing Material’s within the buildings.
- Risk assessment of the Asbestos Containing Materials is important to create an ongoing management plan of areas in which may be disturbed.
- Asbestos will only become a problem when it’s been damaged or disturbed and the fibres become airborne.
- Non Domestic buildings must have an Asbestos register or report ACM’s that have been identified in the initial survey have to be managed and the register updated regular.